what plan to lose weight has worked best for you?

has anyone tried diet pills (prescription?)

Macysheryl

Asked by Macysheryl at 9:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Celery, Lean Cuisine (glazed chicken) Vitaman Water, Water pills, Oatmeal, HIp Hop abs, and Taebo.

Don't forget to drink lots and lots and lots of water.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Prescription Phentermine works very good. There is a "Phentermine" group here on CM if you want to see how it's working for others.
    Anonymous

• I hate to say it, but the low carb diet made the weight literally fall off. Also, when i got sick of that diet, i counted calories. I allowed myself 1200 per day. The trick for me was that i kept a notebook with me all the time, and anytime i ate or drank something, i wrote it down-plus calorie amt. If i didn't know the amt of calories it had, i didn't eat it. Sounds like a hassle, but it kept me totally accountable.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• switching totally to organic and natural foods worked best for me. After a few weeks the weight fell off and kept falling until I hit a nice balance.

I also love to walk so that helps A LOT!
    loonette694

Answer by loonette694 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'd not want to mess with any pills...just not a good way to do it. Weight Watchers is a good program.
    You can get a good start though for free by going to sparkpeople.com or fitday.com
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 5:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There's no quick fix. Pills do not work in the long run, neither do fad diets. The very best way to lose weight is to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible (meaning, no preservatives, no sulfites, not nitrates, and no chemical laden processed foods), eat small meals several times a day, and get out there and walk. If it's bitter cold where you are, go to a gym and use the treadmill or go to a mall and walk it. Keeping a food diary is good because it makes you more aware of what you're eating.

Chose lean proteins, eat *lots* of varieties of vegetables, chose whole & multigrain items whenever you can. Try brown and wild rices in place of white. And when you want a treat, choose something like gelato (much better tasting than ice cream and so much easier on your body!), or something you make yourself so you control what's in it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband and I swear by Weight Watchers. I went to the weekly meetings and lost the 30 lbs I needed to in no time. My husband just followed it from home and lost 65 lbs. We are both much healthier for it and have a lot more energy to do things with our children. We now love taking family walks and bike rides. The best thing about Weight Watchers is there isn't anything you can't eat - you just convert everything to points which takes no time to learn. We go for ice cream all summer long and still lost weight every week. We eat out often too.
    jenheroux

Answer by jenheroux at 4:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Slim Fast shake for breakfast, lean cuisine meal for lunch and dinner...lots of water.....NO POP....lots of walking and Turbo Jam...I lost 17 lbs in like 2-3 months....But, I started eating junk again and started drinking pop...and not working out and I have gained 10 back...so when we actually have the $$ to buy Slim Fast and Lean Cuisine on top of the other normal food for my family...then I will be getting back on the diet...I am trying to give up pop again but it's hard!!!
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 12:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009