Pain in my hips...

So I work in an environment where I am on my feet for at least 2 hours at a time ((I work at a Pizza Shop). Recently while Im standing, My hips and back will start to hurt to they point where I HAVE to sit down and if it is busy then i cant just go sit down. Im 14 weeks and am showing (a little) and have gained a few pounds but nothing major. I dont know why my hips and back would be hurting because it isnt like I've gained that much weight. Anyone know why this is and what I can do to fix it? I only work 3 days a week right now, just to have spending money for my SO and I (he makes enough money that I dont have to work, but I want to so I can be outta the house) and I dont want to have to stop working yet. Anyone have any advice??

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I actually saved this article for the next time I get pregnant:
    http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/articles.asp?id=29
    My hips were KILLING me (my whole pelvis), and I would spend a lot of time sitting on an exercise ball (also my best friend in labor) and rocking. Try to keep moving the best you can. Can you cut your hours back? You don't want to risk your pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Make sure you have comfy shoes. This is normal unfortunately and sometimes your hips start stretching and spreading long before you "think" they need to. Try to sit as often as possible, even if only for 5 minutes at a time. You may also want to look into a pregnancy support undergarment for your back and stomach. Your center of gravity is shifting to your stomach so make sure you have proper posture and don't hunch over too much, it's hard but it helps so much. Good luck!!
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 10:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009