• In the Spotlight:

Would you do this in front of everyone?

Saturday my dh and I were on our way to have breakfast while waiting at a light this lady that was 2 cars in front but in the next lane happened to open her window and threw a banana peel out her window and closed it like nothing while the light turned green.
I was like...Did you see that to my dh??? he missed it but as we drove off he did manage to see it on the street through the mirror. I can not believe she did this 1. It is against the law 2. Where is a cop when you need them 3. She got away with it and drove into a Thift store....That witch. I feel like I was the only one that witness this and now it is all forgotten...oh well I forgot it too. What do you think of this??? Some people I swear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OK a banana peel is completely biodegradable and organic, it will either be eaten by an animal or just become part of the earth anyway, so why does it matter? I'd be concerned if it were plastic or styrofoam but come on... it's fruit!
    Anonymous

• hmm well it's biodegratable : ) I wouldn't make such a bog stink about it if it was something like gcup, or take out container etcc that would bother me
    Anonymous

• My husband and I saw a woman drop an entire bag of fast food trash out her window on the freeway once, wrote down her liscense plate number and called the non emergency line of our police department and reported it. I don't know what happened to her but hopefully she at least got fined. I mean that could have been dangerous it could have hit someones windshield and caused an accident.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Banana peels are biodegradable, so she probably didn't think she was doing anything wrong. I'll be honest, I've thrown food out the window, but not on a city street. I've thrown apple cores and other stuff like that into bushes and the woods.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• it's fruittttttttttttttttt come on
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first reply.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I throw banana peels out all the time! I do not consider it littering because I have seen animals eat them and I know they are not going to waste. Plus they are organic and break down.

I am a HUGE anti-litter freak, too.

This is nothing to bitch about in my opinion.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't think anything of it really. I have thrown food out the window also.
    Anonymous

• i will toss fruit debri into the woods. i have also carried 6 bags of puke for hours because we were on our way home, and there was no garbage cans to deposit them. biodegrable in my mind is okay. stinky diapers will smell up my van until I can throw in a trash can.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well, I have seen people driving and talking on their cell phone,that's illegal. And kids not in car seats too,That's illegal. Not using seat belts is illegal. Your worried about a banana peal.

Answer by louise2 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009