i need a definite list..HELP!

My hubby and i are basically clueless.
I have some ideas on what i need (crib, car seat,clothes,diapers, breat pump, bottles etc...)
but what are some other NEEDS , i have to get before the baby is born ??
PLEASE HELP!!

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How pregnant are you? Have you been to the dr? When I was pregnant, the doctor gave us the biggest baby bag full of information. You need to get a basic book. I suggest two. One being "The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy" By VIcki Iovine. IT is funny and informative. The other, what to expect when you are expecting... .Both will help you prepare, and you can read them at your leasure. Get the books at Half.com, they are cheaper. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• A few receiving blankets, crib sheets, and baby wipes. That's about it. The rest of it you'll kind of figure out as you go. A lot of things really depend on how you plan to parent. You should also get some breastmilk storage bags if you plan to pump. Some things people say you just HAVE to have, you'll never use. Oh, it's also good to have a place to dispose of diapers. We just use a trash can with a foot pedal and lid. It's cheaper than a Diaper Genie or a Diaper Champ. Also, since you do have to empty it every couple of days, it doesn't stink when you have to do it the way a Diaper Genie or Champ will.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• "The Girlfriends Guide to Preegnancy" is an excellent book, so funny, informative an truthful, it's a great read. When you register, if you do, they give you all sorts of lists on what you need and other things. Basics change depending on when you're due. Onsies, diapers, wipes, butt cream, baby wash, shampoo, washcloths, towels, baby bathtub, swaddling blankets, pajamas, clothes, crib, sheets, mattress, diaper bag, carseat, stroller, swing and bouncer. These are just some of the basics. Some optional things are pacifiers, bassinet, bottles, nipples, bottle and nipple brushes, bottle warmer, carrier and things like that. Good luck.

I see you're due in June, so am I!!!
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 10:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• im 17 wks.
    i already read what to expect when you're expecting and i sorta found a lot of info in it kina repetitive and outdated :/
    i was just curious
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Diaper, wipes and a sling. And some clothes. Haha, newborns don't need much. Just mother the way nature intended you to and it really cuts down on the clutter.

Anonymous

• i just did my registry through target. they had a check list on there that i could look at so i didnt forget anything.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• *Needs* are pretty minor - crib/bassinet, diapers, diaper bag, diaper wipes, changing pad (you can just sit one on top of a dresser if you don't want a big changing table.. or sit it on the floor) clothes, baby wash, wash cloths. Honestly you don't *need* much more then that. If you're breast feeding you might look for a breast feeding pillow like the Boppy or Breastfriend. It's best not to introduce bottles right away if you're breastfeeding. Bottles are easier to latch on to, and you can get "nipple" confusion. I always liked having a diaper genie or diaper champ. A baby bath is nice to have and pretty cheap. Remember when you stock up on diapers to buy size 1 and size 2.. I would limit the amount of Newborn diapers - size 1 is 8lb-14lbs. You'll be shocked how quickly your newborn will be out of "newborn" diapers.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would get a everything the other posters have said. Boppy, bathtub, lots and lots of diapers(I love Pampers Swaddlers) lots of blankets and burp cloths and a monitor is nice and you can get them for cheap at target.
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think everyone has mentioned almost everything. Besides breast pads (so you don't leak!!) and lanolin cream so your nipples don't crack and bleed.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009