not responding to her name

my baby is almost 7 1/2 months and does not really respond to her name when we call her...she can hear very well..sits up, is alert, babbling..picking up toys, transfering,,etc..always smiling...should i be very concerned? It bothers me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It'll take quite a while for her to figure out "OH THAT'S ME!" ;o) don't stress over that at all.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be. Abbie does that a lot.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my DD is 7 months & only responds to her name if i say "where's Molly" in this high pitched very specific voice. and i think its only cause she knows its a game. she doesnt respond to her name anymore than she does to my voice.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• in addition to the others I was going to ask, do you callher alot of pet names? like honey mommas baby, sugar etc...because sometimes they really do not realize you are calling them by a name,just the sounds you make.Just like I am sure she would know if you were mad,but wouldn't understand "don't grab the vase." kwim?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my baby sometimes responds to his name....but not all that often, he more responds to a voice he knows is familiar, hes about the same age as yours
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009