vaccines???

My daughter goes next week for her 2 month shots but I keep hearing all the things they can casue. Now im so confused and scared to have her get them but im scared for her not too. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do your own research. Talk to moms who vax and moms who don't. Look at the statistics. Talk to your doc and follow your heart.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't vax and I advocate for not vaxxing. They are not safe and there is no evidence that they work. But more than that, I advocate for education on the facts of vaccinations. Educate yourself! It is well worth it! Then, as the PP said....follow your heart. PM me with any questions.....
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I vax mine but I know alot of people that dont.I agree that you should read up on it( I suggest that you read the actual studies though cause the articles are just opinions as well).You decide what is best for your child.But I do believe that they work cause stats show the decline since they have been started.I look at it this way...you can worry about getting them and them having side effects r oyu can worry the same amount about not getting them and them getting these diseases.Either way it is a tough decision.Good luck mama!
    Anonymous

• My son goes in for is 15month vacs this week. I've chosen to vax because I've known people who have had Polio, mumps, measles . . . and I feel the risks are worth it. However you have to make your own choice.

One other option is the alternate vax schedule (check out Dr. Sears for more info) It means more doctor appointments but fewer shots at each appointment.

Good luck
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't vax. I suggest you really do your research. Start with the ingredients in the vaccines. I do not feel the benefits outweight the risks and I really regret the vaccines my older children got.

Also, as far as polio. If you know anyone whose had polio since 1979 they got it BECAUSE of the shot(oral polio sheds in fecal matter and can infect people, it's no longer on the market). There haven't been wild cases of polio since then.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Jonas Salk, inventor of the IPV, testified before a Senate subcommittee that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine.

Send me a message if you would like more info. I put up an answer a while ago but for some reason, it got deleted??
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my little girl has got every one of her shots every since she was born and she is one now she turned one in december and when they turn one they get like five shots and she is fine she got a fever once after she got her shots and that was it it is good to get there shots because now they have to have there shots befor they can go to school
    cloegrace

Answer by cloegrace at 7:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Actually Pauline it was grandparents who had "wild" polio. You can still get "wild" polio if you travel outside the US and I'd rather have the vax then deal with the problems the illness causes.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009