As a responsible and contributing American, how much are you willing to give?

In regards to the New Great Depression, It's everyone's responsibility now, we all have some skin in the game. How much are you patriotic citizens willing to give to your government to be able to say, you gave your portion and did your part?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I give my time and money. I love how people on here are so quick to admit how 'helpful' the are, but are so quick to take handouts, whether stimulus checks, welfare, food stamps, WIC whatever...again the comedy of my daily dose of cafemom!
    Anonymous

• I give plenty of $ to the government... it's taken out of mine and DH's paychecks every payday, it's called TAXES
    Anonymous

• Truth be known...I can't give them anymore then what I give them in taxes (which is a lot....to me). We have our own financial issues. We donate clothes, toys, books, blood, etc but that doesn't exactly help the government.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would do and give whatever I had to..
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We give plenty in the form of taxes every month. We do not use any type of social services and my husband and I will never see the money that we have already paid into Social Security from past jobs. The jobs we have now have their own retirements and we do not pay into Social Security. If you go so many years without paying in you are not eligible once you hit the age to collect SS. My husband gave 14 good years to our country, I think we have done enough!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• How would giving more money to the government for the selfish and largely unscrupulous politicians to mismanage help avoid a Depression??? For people to have jobs, we need businesses (big, BAAAD business!!) Every business owner carries the burden of keeping his company going not only so he can provide for his family, but also so he can keep all his employees' families afloat ! They are truly the contributing citizens. So let's quit treating business as the enemy, taxing profits as if profit is a shameful goal, slapping heavy and expensive regulations on to satisfy every special interest group that makes a fuss in the legislature or in the news. THAT would go a long way to allowing people to keep their jobs - because their businesses could AFFORD to keep them employed !! :-)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think we're all doing our part as working citizens. Asking more is hard. Ya can't get blood from a turnip - an my granny always said.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• They are already taking plenty from my hubby & me, andmgiving it to people & corporations who waste it on ridiculous trivia & then cannot account for where it went except for HUGE bonuses for the Ceo's who mismanaged the companies in the first place.
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 10:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm a disabled Veteran, I gave plenty already
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't think it's about giving to the governent... it should be more about what you would give to your family, friends, neighbors... which I do a lot of.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2009