WHY? Why does it have to be my daughter? My 12 yr old having more than 20 seizures a day now....

Just wish we would come up with the magic potion to cure it....Her attitude is better....thank God! I just wish it wasn't like this. How I wish I could go back and change things. I never would have given her any vax's. I never would have left her with her good for nothing father who let her play UNATTENDED with a vicious 5 yr old who threw a rock at her and hit her in the head. I would have done so many things different....can't seem to get rid of the guilt. She was normal before all this. I just wish I had done things differently. I wish I could have protected her. I thought I was doing the right thing. I was at work and how was I to know that her own father - my (at the time) husband would leave her alone with a 5 yr old WE BOTH KNEW WAS vicious?! I wish I could go back.....

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Have you tried a holistic nutritionist or a metabolic doctor? They really are more in tune to effects of nutrition. I am a believer that nutrition makes such a difference with all aspects of illness. Standard docs only get 3 hours in their certification.

Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 9:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry your having such a hard time!! Did your doctor suggest any alternatives to the meds?
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Sweetie!I am so sorry that you have to go through this but it is not your fault.People make mistakes.I hope your daughter is ok.What is causing her to have seizures?Has she been having them a long time?
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 10:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yeah, we've tried almost all the meds, the special diet, etc etc. She has epilepsy due to Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) from both vaccines and head trauma from being hit in the head twice by this other kid when my DD was only 2.5 yrs old. Her first seizure was when she was 13 months old, so we've been dealing with this for over 10 yrs.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• ((hugs)) So sorry!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry that you have to go through this. And you know what it isn't your fault don't blame yourself.
    iloveme7290

Answer by iloveme7290 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• *BIG HUG*
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i am so sorry i hope things get better and they can do something bout this hugs!
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's hard to believe a 5 year old can be so vicious....was there mental illness involved? I'm curious about this----how were vaccines related to her problems?
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009