These ladies get to go to Inauguration. Well, I'll be??

http://www.wkrg.com/local/article/trail_maids_slavery_maids/22469/
Slap some butter on my butt and call me a biscuit!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, it's the NAACP that too offense. Go figure. If they didn't perpetuate racism, they would be out of business. I wonder when they will ask for their bailout.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Uh, yeah. I'm not even sure what to say about that.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't get it. What did I miss?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think it's ridiculous the dresses that they're wearing. While being a southern bell might be quaint and cute it also represents a dark time in American history and I think Mississippi has much more to offer in support of our multi racial PE.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Slow news day huh?

teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't understand why people are making such a big deal. They aren't slave owners, they are a part of tradition. They've been going to every other inaguration, why stop because the pres is half black? Are we going to stop using cotton because slaves used to pick it?
    Come on!!!
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't get it either. What is the big deal? besides the fact that they look like Southern Belle Pinatas made of tissue paper. Honestly, I was expecting to see a racist picture in the link from the OP.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. I watched it on CNN today a story about it, and I don't see the big deal I really don't. It's just girls, wearing poofy dresses. (That I wouldn't be caught wearing LOL)

The girls have worked hard to get to go, and I think they deserve to go. From what I watched on CNN several people who were asked what they thought, didn't seem to care either they didn't think the girls were representing a "darker" day in U.S. History.

PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 11:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• wow, is that guy serious?....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Your "butter on my butt " statement really took away from your post..that is the exact statement that my 9yo makes. Anyways, yeah "Your point is.." Making someting out of nothing or starting a bashing war on cafemom.?
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009