any water birth experiances???

i was thinking of doing a waterbirth...is it better than being in the hhospital bed?
pros and cons please?? :) thanks

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I labored in the tub. I was planning to give birth in the tub but Because my midwife wasn't there, I couldn't. Being in the tub was soooooo relaxing. It soothed away the pain and I felt weightless. It was a heck of a lot better then being flat on my back in bed. If you can do it, you really should give it a try. I'm sad that I didn't get to.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I didn't do it but heard it is phenomenal!
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wanted to try this because I thought how natural that is for my child to come from the water inside me into the tub water.Much less tramatic.But I am high risk so I do not know if it will be possible.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Pros: Warm water gives awesome pain relief for contractions as well as delivery. Warm water is good for the baby, as he is kept in a warm, squishy environment for nine months (it has to suck to suddenly be pulled into cold air!) In a birthing pool or tub you can change to any position you want, which allows for better (and faster) birthing. Lying on your back can stall labor and can also heighten your chances of tearing, but it's the best position for the doctor to be able to intervene if need be.

Cons: Uhhhh.... you're wet and your toes get pruney?
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have had 2 waterbirths.
    I can't really think of any cons, lol!! ;-)
    It is NICE to have the pain reduction and ability to move.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009