My 61/2 month old has acid reflux and does not keep down any of his baby food or juice. did/does Anyone else have the same problem if ur baby has acid reflux?

Asked by Wyattsmom22 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was a preemie and had the WORST reflux ever. Even the nurses in the NICU said she had it worse than any other babies they'd seen. It's common in preemies.

She was put on meds. Reglan is one that helps. But then she had to be put on stronger ones...they tried two or three before they found one that worked. I forget the names of them now! But talk to your doctor about it if it's that bad. My daughter saw a special doctor for hers and that's how she got prescribed the meds. Her reflux went away by the time she was 9 months old and that's when they took her off the meds.

Answer by Meg_the_Mermaid at 3:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I've heard of that! supposedly propping them on the infant type pillows while they sleep helps a little especially if they are prone to choking while they sleep also sometimes juice has too much acidity for little babies if you dilute it with drinking water or cut the juice out all together it may help!

Answer by Tayleina at 3:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter was diagnosed with the acid reflux but has since gotten better. I was told by my peditrician that she would either grow out of it or would have to have medication for it. They prescribed her some stuff called axid

Answer by mama_raskul at 5:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Prop him up for about 20 minutes after each feeding. Let gravity work it's magic. Our daughter had an ear infection, was teething, had GERD, and colic all at the same time and she was absolutely miserable. We were switched to a gentler formula (Enfamil Lipil Gentlease) and prescribed a very small doseage of Zantac. It was all resolved within about 2 weeks actually!

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My 5 month old son is suffering from the same problem. We tried everything...meds, proping him up after feeding, allimentum formula (has broken down cow milk protein for easier digestion), but he is just not getting better. GI specialist we saw wanted to do endoscopy and colonoscopy on him but we refused. He was a primi (born 2.5 weeks early) and he can't catch up because of the reflux problem. He only eats half of what he should at this point and is mostly miserable. I feel terrible for him because when his reflux is better, he is such a sweet happy kid. I hope this doesn't have some permanent affect on him. I heard of a think called Colic Calm that supposedly work on reflux as well. I will ask my doctor if I should try it. It's a homeopathic ramedy that is FDA approved. what have you tried?

Answer by lukica114 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2008