When is it a good time to have another child?

I dont want one now but my hubby wants our kids 2 years apart. I guess i would have to get pregnant soon (NOOO!!) lol
Our son is 10 months old.
What did you do? How did it work out?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• We only have the one, but we've decided that our rule will be no new babies until the last one is potty trained. So, we figured that six months after our baby's second birthday, we'll start trying. Hopefully he'll be potty trained by the time he is three.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Mine are actually going to be a mere 13 months apart, lol. Not sure how that will go, I'm due in 2 months, so ask me then, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We had Noah 22 days after Bryce turned 3. We were going to immediately try for another one but shortly after decided it wasn't a smart idea...then of course found out...too late, already pregnant. LOL Abbie was born 7 months and 11 days after Noah turned one. We have had a few minor issues. Noah has some struggles initially (we still do fight with them occasionally) because he wasn't ready to give up the post of being momma's baby yet....it wasn't anything we couldn't manage with some creative thinking.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I had my first when I was 17. Had my youngest 51/2 years later. If I wouldn't have been so young I would have had them closer together. Because my oldest acted like her sister was an intruder in her life. She never acted like she wanted her their.

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• All of my friends had theirs close together. I had my three every four years. I was selfish and I just didn't want two in diapers unless I had twins.
    Anonymous

• our two girls are 4 years apart, but we've decided to ttc #3 now, that way our youngest and the new baby will be right around 2 years apart. i think there are likely benefits to any age difference
    djspacegirl

Answer by djspacegirl at 10:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My brothers and I are 10 years apart and arnt close at all corey and his siblings are very close in age and they got along very well and are very close today so we decided we would have our kids close well when cameron turned 8 months we went off bc thinking that it would take awhile well no i we got pregnant on our first try so our boys are 15 months apart!
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wanted 3 kids and all 2 years apart. I'm 30 weeks and have a 20 month old so they will be 22 months apart. I decided for our third i'd wait like 5 years and get at least one or maybe 2 into preschool before we start again. I don't want to have kids at home when i'm 50 (no offense to any of you that do) but i also know that i can't handle 3 all too close together. I watch my sil who has 3 under 4 and i don't know how she handles it.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my 2 daughters are 10 days shy of being a year apart. they get along really well and they have a play buddy!! it was hard at first but now that they're 2 and 3, it's easy..and im about to add another baby to the mix in april.. my older sister and i are 8 yrs apart and we hate each other..my younger sis and i are 13 months apart and we're almost as close as twins are.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Its whenever YOU guys feel its right, and it must be a mutual decision.
    I personally lile a 3-4 year age gap that way the oldest is out of diapers and can talk in complete sentences and has a little more independence.
    HotMaMa7688

Answer by HotMaMa7688 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2009