Just wondering....?

What is the point of the Plan B pill? If it isn't the abortion pill and it doesn't stop a pregnancy, than what is the point of taking it? I"m not trying to cause problems I just don't get the point of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It prevents implantation.

Similar to how they believe an IUD works.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• if used "correctly" it stops pregnancy. It's not an abortion as nothing has been fertilized yet. How exactly it works, I don't know, but it keeps the egg from getting fertilized.
    Anonymous

• it stops you from ovulating if you haven already
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think it stops implantation by making your period come early.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• you mean the "morning after" pill, right? it prevents the egg from implanting in your uterus whether you've conceived or not. so it doesn't interupt a pregnancy that's already implanted, it just prevents implantation of a fertilized (or non-fertilized) egg.
    djspacegirl

Answer by djspacegirl at 10:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Don't quote me on this..I haven't researched it..BUT..I think it is a large dose of hormones that start your cycle so that an egg is unable to plant itself in your uterus..ect. It actually does stop a pregancy, it DOES NOT stop one that is to far progressed.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i guess i was wrong :p i thought it stopped ovulation but maybe not
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thanks! LOL I guess I get the idea! Thank you all for not bashing! I feel like such an idiot, I just didn't know how it worked! Not that I need it, I just saw the commercial and it made me wonder. Thanks again ladies!
    Anonymous

• Ginger0104: That is NOT how an IUD works. IUD's contain hormones AND they block your tubes from having sperm enter.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Syds, its how it was explained to me. Truth of the matter is, they don't know the exact reason why IUDs work. When an IUD is first inserted, the body begins to expel the uterine lining, and the top of the 'T' doesn't allow normal uterine lining growth - making it unlikely implantation can occur. Not all IUDs contain hormones either, such as Paraguard. The risks of pregnancy with the hormonal IUD may be very low (1 in 1000), but not impossible.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2009