FRUSTRATED! What should I do?

My daughter is 12weeks now, she has had something going on with her stomach since she was about 2 weeks old. I thought that it maybe her umbilical hernia causing her problems but we have ruled that out. I just recently switched doctors and now they are going between acid reflux or colic. She seems to be fine until after she eats then she just starts screaming. Now she is also teething. I'm so frustrated they have talked about doing an upper GI on her to rule out acid reflux. I dont like to hear her cry in pain but i dont want to put her through a test that she doesn't need either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I dont want to be one of those moms who takes her to the doctor all the time either but nothing is working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it might be acid reflux, do the upper GI test and then they can give her medicine
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• OK from my experience, Colic is just a cover all diagnosis to say "we don't know what's wrong and don't wanna look, deal with it"

my first son was diagnosed with Colic, 8 years later, my dd was showing the EXACT same symptoms and she was diagnosed with acid reflux. The meds helped 10 fold!
    Anonymous

• i know what you mean about taking your baby to the doctor over everything but it's your baby do what you want and don't let anyone make you feel bad for doing what you think is right for your baby.
    jessicahook213

Answer by jessicahook213 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE. SHE IS SCHEDULED FOR THE UPPER GI WEDNESDAY THE 21ST.
    smiley0921

Answer by smiley0921 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009