What can I do for moisture in my house?

We have noticed since we began heating with propane heat that we have a lot of moisture in the house. It is even causing mildew in some places. I find myself washing something down every day. Is it the propane that has caused this or something else? What can we do to prevent the mildew and moisture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• de-humidifer
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I will need more info. I used to work for a construction company and trouble shooting water intrusion was my specialty. Get back to me with more info and maybe I can help.
    JCREW-MOM

Answer by JCREW-MOM at 11:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It sounds like your home is well insulated and there is no where for the heat to vent as it rises. Heat collects moisture as it goes up, so if there is no where for it to get out, the moisture settles in your house. Like a pp said, get a dehumidifier to collect the moisture from the air before it can settle on your stuff.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009