Anyone else get Excruciating cramps???

I have ever since I was 13 and would ALWAYS miss a day of school because of them. And then I used to leave work early. Now I work from home but with a 4-month old you can't realy take time off so thankfully my doc prescribed some pain killers since NOTHING else worked! Anyone else in the same boat? I miss being pregnant. =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have also had this problem since I was young. I would stay home. I also bled so badly that I would get anemic. My periods lasted anywhere from 7 to 10 days and were only three weeks apart (sometimes only two!!) I used to throw up every month and use a heating pad. I would get on my knees and rest my elbows on a chair. That would ease the cramping a bit. Once I started working it wasn't feasible to stay home every month. I found that exercise BEFORE my period was due would help ease the cramps (don't ask me how) I discovered this in boot camp when I joined the Army. I was working out so much that it really eased the cramps to a managable level. I kept this up and it really worked. I also found that birth control pills helped regulate and moderate my period so I didn't bleed so heavily.
    MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 11:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wasn't in this boat until my last baby. Exercise and hot, hot showers help me.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009