Headaches and HBP

I am 37wks. I have been having headaches and extreme fatigue since Friday. I started monitoring BP yesterday and I am getting a mix of normal and high readings. Today I was told to go to L&D after getting a BP of 152/92. I get there and my BP is 141/88, I am monitored an hour and they take it laying on my side and it is 112/72. They did blood work everything came back fine. The baby was fine. I was there and headache goes away. Since I have been home my BP is again slightly elevated 138/86 and I again have a headache and extreme tiredness I cannot shake. I do have GD, and my sugar reading have been ok, not the best, but not high enough to give me headaches, shakeyness, tiredness and blurred vision. My OB said everything is good, baby may be compressing a blood vessel, lets make it to at least 39 weeks. Any opinions from you ladies?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree w/doc, try to lay on your left side as much as possible honey.It willnot be long now and hey catch up on some reading/napping/movies w/o muppets lol soon all you will do is run around w/headaches for a totally different reason .:o) soon mom, hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My hubby and i sitting here talking and he said it sounds like pih (pregnancy induced hypertension) which some women get and some don't. He said if that is it (which obviously he doesn't know you) then it's not a big deal. It's just pregnancy. If your doctors not concerned then i'd just relax the best you can because obviously the stress will make your numbers fluctuate. Good Luck.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I been stress free, kids are at parents till tomorrow. All I have done since Friday was be lazy. I have done the bare minimal the last few days.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and in a similar situation. I have high blood pressure and a low level protein in my urine. I am pre-pre-eclampsia hah. My doctor is inducing at 38 weeks. He was going to induce at 37 if I went over 140/90. My last check I was OK so we're going into next week with two visits monitoring the BP closely. Mine is *always* low at home, but high at the office. Meh! Its frustrating, I bought a nice monitor and I rarely get a reading over 120/75. I know my doctor said if I get a reading like 160/95 to go in immediately, or if I get severe headaches, side pain... etc. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009