She is sick?

My 4 day old daughter has been coughing and have a running nose since she was born. She sneezes and a bunch of snot comes out of her nose is there anything I can do for her. I know use the bulb thingy and a humidifier. And saline drops to help with congestion but anything else? I just dont know how she could have gotten sick.I just came home with her yesterday and she has been like this since the DAY she was born.

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 11:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's still coughing up the junk that was in her lungs.
    Anonymous

• All babies go through this at first. They are working on clearing all the gunk out of them. Some babies have a little tougher time clearing it out especially if they were born via c-section. Make her comfy and try not to worry. She's not sick....Congrats on your new baby!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• So I dont really have to worry bout her being sick? That is good I was wondering. My other 2 were born via c-sec and I dont remember this with them sorry I was just worried.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was worried too when this happened with my daughter..I actually called the on call doc lol, good thing CM here now!
    Anonymous

• Babies sneeze alot when they are brand new. It's reflex and they can't control it yet. Like the other posters said, she still has to cough up the fluid that has filled her lungs for the past 9 months. She is probably not sick. She's just getting used to being in the world. Congratulations!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009