ok, my 14 yr old son has a gf. i need help with talking to him and getting answers.

ok so hes been with her for about 3 months. i have found txt messages of sexual content and little ones like " im gonna take you to you room and...". no today he asked my husband if a hickey was ok. and my husband said that he doesnt approve, but to be careful. Is there anything I can do or say??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sit down, don't beat around the bush. Be blunt and honest and understanding. Listen and hear him. Don't make accusations or be angry....he'll lock up and not tell you a thing if you do.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Most likely they say those things because the girls love hearing it but that doesn't mean there not going to try anything. I'd have a talk with him and make sure that if he does try anything that he'll be safe.
    jaydababe10

Answer by jaydababe10 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think you just need to be honest with him. Make sure he knows how you feel and that if he is going to make certain decisions he better be ready for the consequences. I know that when we talked to my kids we said something like "this is what I would hope you for and this is what I did. If you choose to make a different decision then this is what you must do."

Sometimes kids talk and there may be nothing to these messages, I just think you need to be prepared and be honest.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would just tell him the truth... you looked at his phone and you are worried... if hes going to do it theres probably not a lot you can do to stop it... but you can get him checked and get him some protection and talk about what sex can do... like stds and babies.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would not let him know that you snooped and read his things. I would just keep a close eye on him and have talks about being respectful to girls and if the girls are being aggressive than they are probably the ones who have diseases and get pregnant at a young age. Just scare him and know where he is and who he is with at all times.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 12:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• grab a banana or zuchini and have dad SHOW him how to put on a condom
    explain to him about STD's and pregnancy, get graphic! this is not condoning his behaviour, but preparing him for ALL possibilities! i would rather go the the store and buy condoms and birth controll pills, than not know what my kids were doing!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009