Do you Christians feel we are to only share lovenly and not at times as below?

I had to look up what the word exhort meant and it is to urge by strong argument. God's word tells us to "Preach the Word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, Rebuke, Exhort, with longsuffering and teaching. 2Timothy 4:2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm confused "share lovenly" do you mean lovingly?
    Anonymous

• People only want to hear about the good aspects of Christianity. Christianity is not a weak and passive practice. Christians are commanded to love souls. Loving souls is not just telling them what they want to appease their guilt. It is to tell all the truth. including the truth of a burning hell that awaits them if they do not turn from sin.
    Anonymous

• Urge by strong argument does not mean beat em over the head with a bible... I think it more means, know your stuff, speak clearly and with authority and wisdom. There have been times when I got cross with a person while in an argument about Christianity... and in the end, I continued to love them, then speak to them and regard them "lovingly", but I still stood firm in my belief and didn't bend because I needed to feel like I need to make them feel better. You can love someone and oppose them at the same time. You don't have to beat them down to get them to be a Christian... you love them.... just as Jesus said.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There are many ways to spread the word. I choose the "live by example" way. I do not go door to door. I do not preach the word. I am not qualified. I live the best life I can and make it clear I am a Christian. I leave the rest to God. Of the two of us, he is infinitely more qualified to shepherd his lost sheep.
    MeAgainx3

Answer by MeAgainx3 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Anonymous: People only want to hear about the good aspects of Christianity. Christianity is not a weak and passive practice. Christians are commanded to love souls. Loving souls is not just telling them what they want to appease their guilt. It is to tell all the truth. including the truth of a burning hell that awaits them if they do not turn from sin.

YES IT DOES.  And if you ARE going around trying to make people "feel BAD" than you're not going to 'SAVE" anyone.

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• jenettyshome: If anyone feels "bad" about their sin it is called conviction. If the holy ghost is convicting you that means you are aware that you need to change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well the thing I would point out is that Jesus came to uplift the very ones who had been bashed by the religious leaders of the day. We are unable to be judge and condemn for we like them are not without sin. Grace covers it all, the truth is we all have fallen and are owed repentance to God, not because we have to but because like our own children feel guilt for doing wrong by us, we feel bad for doing it to our heavenly father. Yes I will let them know I am a christian and do not agree with their choice of behaviors but that I love the sinner and dislike the sin. REgardless of how you word it LOVE is teh answer it was when Jesus was here and it has not changed since then.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 8:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I was forced to go to church for the LONGEST time. I was "beaten with a bible" all my life. And cause of it, I turned away from God. Till I realized how much hell had entered my life since I left. It took me years to find a church I was comfortable with. And at the same time. I didnt know what I was looking for. Until one day, I went to a church that didnt judge me, they didnt force the word of God on me. But they loved me, for who I am, and who I'll become. And because of that. That one day, I truly seen the light of God. I actualy sat down and Listend to His word. Then I was baptized!

(continue)
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• (continue)

So I belive that we need to show them the LOVE of God. While showing them the word of God. We need to let them know that he is here, and that he has always been here. Even when we'v gon through the worst parts of our life. We only made it through because of him. But we also need to becarful to let them know what happens if we turn our backs from God, and never go back to Him. But dont do it in a way that will scare them from God, cause thats what happend to a friend of mine. and now he's refusing to go back.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My mother-in-law is a devout Christian, and whenever she meets someone she thinks needs to know about God she will simply ask them if they know about God. This gives them the chance to say whatever they feel. If someone says yes they do but don't believe, then she will leave them alone but pray for them so that they can be shown the way. It is not going to help bring people to Christ if you harass them about it. But it has often given her the chance to explain God and Jesus better to people who really don't know. I have been with her when she has given people Bible tracts about who Christ is, and they really didn't know. One man, who lived in a run down shack with his 12 year old grandson, got emotional because he had something positive to teach his grandson. So I think by her asking in the first place, it gives people the opportunity to learn more if they are interested, and to not hear it if they aren't.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009