circumcision ?

OK my little boy is a month old now and i had him circumscized but.... it doesn't seem like it was done right.. he still has enough foreskin to cover pretty much all of his head... all except for the very tip is covered.. will he grow into it and not have as much foreskin later? or is it a botched job?

I feel wierd asking this but he is the only boy in my family so.. i don't know.. his peed said of course that he will grow into it but i wonna make sure he isn't just sayin that to cover his own a$$

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't have any boys but I would contact a doctor who specializes in urology.. This would be your best bet..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 12:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My son is circumcised and we had to pull the skin back 3 times/day at diaper changes. If you don't the skin can grow back.
    Daisy1124

Answer by Daisy1124 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Thats strange you asked that. I was concerned as well. My son has this 'turtle' reaction now. The turtle head goes in 'foresking covers the head of the penis'. But like men little boys get erected as well and it pops out. If you notice when changing his diaper and he's out there the skin should fall back just behind the lining of head 'turle is out' extra skin is normal. ask your SO to look at his and you'll see that his skin moves over the lining as well still.
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 2:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my son is the same way. I had 2 peds look at it and the first one said that they could do surgery on it because she said it was a "hidden penis". The second ped who worked for 6 years with a urologist said that it was not a "true hidden penis" and that he would grow out of it. Eventually their penis does get bigger and it will pop out. She also said it was a REALLY bad idea to pull the skin back to clean it because this causes it to rip and bleed and over time will create scar tissue that will not heal correctly. Plus it teaches them that their penis is a place of pain and that is not something you want to teach especially before/during potty training! Ask your doc and maybe get a second opinion if that involves surgery.
    Anonymous

• I think I answered this in a forum post. It's fine... most doctors don't take off as much skin as they used to. Plus, they need to have some extra skin so that the penis can grow, and for erections. If your pediatrician said it looks fine, then you can feel good about it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You definitely want to pull the skin back and clean it every diaper change. If you don't, cheese (smegma) will build up and the skin will grow together. Then the pediatrician will have to pull it apart. And it will need to heal again. It's AWFUL!
    babyluv598

Answer by babyluv598 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• alot of the times you do have to pull the skin back throughout the day when its diaper time.. but all of my nephews were circumsized WRONG. they had litle pockets in their skin... it irritates me alot.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008