How do you stay friends with someone you work with and still have trust issuses you with her not talking about you?

I have just noticed a few things going on her in life now that had stop. but today i was just blown back to see what I saw toady. This is excatly wwhy we did not become friends sooner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• you dont have to be her friend to work with her, you could just be nice when shes around but not hang out with her or anything
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't be friends with her. She would be a coworker...nothing more.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• what did she do that was so bad was it something against you?

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• YEAH, SHE DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A PERON U WOULD WANT 2 BE FRIENDS WITH. U SHOULD STAY WAY U MIGHT GET BURNED!
    MOMOFSIXROBINSO

Answer by MOMOFSIXROBINSO at 12:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ever been reading a book or magazine and you suddenly read a sentence and the whole sentence doesn't make sense? I think that's what just happened to me with this question...... here's the answer to what I THINK the ? is...... if you already have issues with this person because they talked behind your back and now you've seen this person do some equally disdainful..... then leave her the hell alone. You don't need that drama at your workplace. Be nice, be cordial, be a cohesive co-worker, but forget about 'friendship'...........sounds like you might (no probably will) get burned. Steer clear.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• im with pace on confusing question .... if you want the friendship just watch what you say dont trust her with ur secrets that you dont want revealed but i honestly think its better to keep friendships out side of the workplace and keep co workers out of ur personal place so be co workers but not friends is my theory less stress and worry bout personal stuff being revealed
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I was confused too. People can work together and have a good working relationship and not talk about personal things and not associate outside the work place. Or they can change jobs if they're unhappy with work enviroment. We don't know if she did something to you (like take credit for your work, kiss the boss, kiss a married coworker.. we have no clue). It sounds like it was a direct thing involving you for the friends sooner comment tho.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009