how can i potty train my daughter through the night?

my 2 year old is completely day trained... but at night, it just isnt working. i had been keeping her in panties and waking her up midway, and that was working well... but then, around 5 in the am, she would pee the bed (i would know from the crying) ... so we put her in diapers at night. how can i take them away, and make sure she doesnt have an accident at night?

gracefulsky

Asked by gracefulsky at 12:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 2 years old, she may not be able to "hold it" for the night yet. I would continue to put diapers on her, until you notice her waking up with dry diapers.
    Make sure you limit what she drinks before she goes to bed, also.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 1:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I agree with bookay - this is not a case of her being willful or stubborn. Her little bladder is just not big enough. You can keep her in diapers or switch her to "big girl" pull-ups for nighttime. Just make sure she knows that this is VERY common and that you know she'll outgrow it in time. If she's still wetting at 4, there are other things you can try that work for older kids. Remember, it's so common that it's not considered a medical problem until 7 or 8!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my 3yr old is potty trained in the day time and has been for a while now but at night i just put pull ups on her....shes slowly starting to wake herself up and tell me when she has to go potty....some times her pull up is not wet when she wakes up....its getting better and better so i wouldnt worry at all!!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2008