I really don't want to have to go to the doctor and wanted to know what I can do to get pregnant. We have been trying for 5 years and I'm 26 if that helps

New stepmom of 12 and 6 year old. Lots of stress.

JulieN17

Asked by JulieN17 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First u need to find things to de-stress.... i know thats hard, try to look at some books for some new positions.... (specially from behind) dont mean to be vague.....) and drink more milk and dairy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• At this point the best thing that you can do is to go to the doctor. I am also 26 and in 6 years of trying never got a BFP. Recently went to the OB/GYN to see what the issue is as me and DH are TTC and nothing seems to work. I went through all the tests and found out that I do not ovulate (among other things), and that is the reason that I am not getting a BFP.
    hckbriggs

Answer by hckbriggs at 1:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• OK YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME 9 YRS AGO I WAS SO SAD ME AND MY HUSBAND WELL BOYFRIEND THEN USED NO BIRTH CONTROL FOR THE ALMOST 5 YRS TOGETHER   I GOT FED UP AND TALKED TO MY DOCTOR TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WELL A MONTH LATER BEFORE MY FIRST VISIT WITH THE NEW DOCTOR  I WAS LATE SO I JUST TOOK  A PG TEST FOR THE HECK OF IT WELL IT WAS POSITIVE I WAS IN SHOCK ALL DAY I WAS SO HAPPY  I MADE  THE DOCTOR TAKE ANOTHER TEST SO I WAS 26 WHEN I GAVE BIRTH TO MY BABY GIRL SHE WAS SO HEALTHY AMD PERFECT HER MIDDLE NAME IS " MIRACLE "  SHE IS A GIFT FROM GOD  SO WITH NO MEDICAL HELP I GOT PREGNANT !!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU DEAR JUST PRAY !!! baby dust

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• 12 months of birth control free trying to get pregnant sex at the right time with no results IS when the medical field agrees is when you SHOULD seek help.

It could be something simple that is preventing you from getting pregnant and even something not related to our reprodutive system.

I suggest that you bite the bullet and go see a Dr.
    calydu

Answer by calydu at 1:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry but a professional RE would need to run test to see what the problem could be. They are the only ones that can tell you whats wrong and sometimes they can not do that. Sometimes infertility is unexplained. I suggest you find a Reproductive Endocrinologist. There may be something they can do and it may be something simple.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my husband and i tried for a long time to get pg, i finally did, but it was an ectopic pregnancy. i had to have my fallopian tube removed, but what the doctor found was that i had a lot of scar tissue that was pulling my insides away from each other. (in high school i had and STD, and that's what caused the scar tissue) he cut all the scar tissue away and 4 months later i concieved my son. i was also reading a book called "Fertility and Conception" it tells you how to take your temperature every morning and keep track of when your ovulating. it was very useful. You should also try having sex every other or even every 3 days apart. if it's cause your husband doesn't have enough he should let it build up for a day or 2 in between. sperm stays alive for atleast 5 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You have to go to the doctor, darn it! You might not be ovulating anymore for some reason or your husband might not be making enough or enough good sperm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• At this point, going to the doctor is your best bet. You need to find out what, if anything, is wrong. Going to the doctor does not necessarily mean you have to pursue expensive and invasive fertility treatments, but if there is a problem you can get help before it gets worse. I also agree that you should do what you can to educate yourself about your fertility.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you've been trying 1 year and haven't gotten pregnant you need to see a Dr.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 10:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Really and truly, after 5 years, your best bet would be to see the doctor. If you really and truly want to get pregnant, then why not go and try to get some help. Why wait any longer, 5 years is long enough! Good luck to you!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009