I am 33 weeks pregnant and for about the past week I have seemed to be getting a lot of pain in my butt. Not in my back. I did have sciatic nerve pain in the beginning of my pregnancy so I know it's not that. Not to sound gross or dumb but the pain is more by my butt crack or hole. It hurts from the inside. It feels like pressure. What is it?

Butt pain or pressure

nfutter

Asked by nfutter at 12:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It can be hemmorroids?? are u constipated??
    MrsSCerda

Answer by MrsSCerda at 2:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had that...My doctor said the baby is probably more towards your spine than sitting out in front...it causes so much pressure on your bowel system that it hurts. I hurt most when I was sitting down. It's totally normal.
    Anonymous

• It is probably your pelvic bones shifting to make way for child birth. I had that with both my pregnancies.
    preciousneine

Answer by preciousneine at 5:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I couldn't sit when I was pregnant toward the end! I would totally get a sharp pain right in my "butthole" lol. I am pretty sure it had something to do with the way she was positioned...but I lived through it and it went away right after delivery. Hang in there!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2008