Want to learn about the largest Ponzii Scheme in U.S. History? Hint: It's not Madoff!

Yes folks, Social Security, it's the largest fraud/Ponzii scheme ever perpetrated on the American People...It starts like this: The U.S. GOVT takes money from one group of people, (taxpayers) and tells us they are going to "save" it for our retirement. But, instead of "saving" it or investing it, like they're supposed to, they "spend" it on all the wastefull programs and bureaucracy. All the while, they keep telling us that our money is STILL there- when it's NOT. This Ponzii scheme is being forced on freedom loving Americans by our own govt. and will implode around the year 2050, when there will not be enough working Americans, paying taxes into the system, to support the retirees and many, many others collecting payments. They will then tell our kids and their families....what...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I dont know what a Ponzii scheme is or if SS will "implode" in 2050, but I will say that I do agree with the fact that the government is screwing over the American people and one day, it will blow up in everyones faces.

I just worry about my daughter....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I believe for the most part, people have NO IDEA how fast Baby Boomers are going to go through Social Security. But like everything else, I see the general public not caring till it is their turn and it isn't there for them. Truly sad, if you ask me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband dabbles in the Stock Market as a Day Trader for "sport," and as a business owner has been aware of this scheme for a very long time. The severity of the problem became apparent when it was brought to the attention of many (when Bush proposed his privatization plans about 3 years ago), that it will be HIGHLY UNLIKELY that SS will be available for anyone under 55....that's A LOT of people (including us) who need to rethink their retirement plans savings, and includes A LOT of people who have "paid in to the system" for the past 30-40 years, that will NOT be seeing a paycheck!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Nobody knows who is swimming naked until the tide goes out. Start saving for yourselves and stop relyng on the government. I know, I know, that's not what is cool or in style right now with the gen x'er's and y's, but they'll find out soon enough.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• laughingakinbottom2 Nobody knows who is swimming naked until the tide goes out.

love it i heard them say that yesterday

4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I thought that was pretty cool too, good visual I might add. Not into swimming naked these days.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009