A weight problem????

So today I was playing with DD, I would chase her or she would chase me (there was alot of running) she is only 14 months old so we just started to play like this...well ten min into this I felt like I was going to pass out, I laid down and could barely breath, it was like someone was laying on my chest. I know Im not in good shape, I am 5'9" and 180 pounds, but I didnt think that it was that bad...I dont look huge I dont think. But now I am worried that I am too big to run around with my DD, I felt horrible because she was BEGGING me to play with her and I physically couldnt. I dont know if it was because of my weight or because I havent done any really physical activity since before I was prego, I feel so ashamed. I just cant loose the weight...

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 1:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• i personally dont feel that you have a weight problem but you dont need a weight problem to be out of shape! and dont worry about the weight, it will come off if you work at it :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Work on getting yourself into shape (endurance training would be good for you in my opinion, but consult your doc). I have a massive weight problem thanks to my thyroid (280 lbs), but I am in halfway decent shape when it comes to moving around. You can do it mama.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It could be just that you are out of shape and your body is not used to that level of activity. Your description is a little bit worrisome, however, since feeling like you're going to pass out and a weight-y feeling in your chest can be symptoms of a heart problem. Talk to your doctor.

As far as the endurance, once of the best things you can do (and you can take your little one with you!) is walk. Start with a block, and work your way up, adding 1 block each week, then changing terrain (hills, slopes, sidewalk, etc). The added benefit, of course, is that as you work on your endurance, your weight will likely go down!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Join us a Fat chicks on a Mission. We're doing Weight Watchers.
    wooly

Answer by wooly at 8:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Juat keep playing.....take breaks when you need them, but don't stop playing. That will help you get in shape. I don't think it is the weight, really, but if you haven't exercised in a long time you will be out of shape. If you keep playing, you will find you need fewer and fewer breaks.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There is no reason for you to feel ashamed of your weight. Weight loss is a huge problem for many of us. I feel like a yo-yo sometimes. I think the main thing is to have a plan of attack. Being consistent is also crucial. Just decide what you feel will help you feel better about yourself and go for it.
    lovemyfamily6

Answer by lovemyfamily6 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• don't be discouraged just get up and at em' take her in the stroller to the park run her around there in and out of the stroller or do more "home play" until you feel more up to the outings. your fine just a mama getting in touch with her body and a role model for her baby
    Anonymous

• Your weight doesn't seem very high to me. But others are right - being out of shape is different from being overweight. Just keep up the play but take more breaks until your endurance builds up. Good Luck.
    ~B~
    mommyonetheedge

Answer by mommyonetheedge at 3:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009