so bored...need info, and sleep lol

I need some more info about the army, I have had people kindly answer SOME of my questions but I feel bad asking them all....I have three pages lol. I need some help, any one know a good way to find info??? Other than a recruiter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• My husband and I were in the Air Force. what kids of questions are you wanting answers for?
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 1:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I need answers of housing, family life, pay, health care...I basically want to know EVERYTHING before he goes so I can feel 100% ok with it
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Have ya tried www.goarmy.com ?
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• ok, family life: you will probably be put in base housing where you will be able to meet other moms. there are tons of support groups on base so make sure you check that out. military pay: you can google military pay charts, get his rank to figure that one out. If you live off base you will get BAH (basic allowance for housing) based on your zip. you will also get BAS (basic allowance for substance. Health care: once he is in basic you should be TOTALLY covered. this includes dental!
    remember, I was in the Air Force, but military is basically military. the base you go to will have a place for newcomers to get ALL the info you need, but I understand you wanting to feel secure NOW.
    cont.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 2:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• why the army? i am a little biased, but the truth is he will be gone more from home due to training etc. the air force is more like a 9-5 job. My brother served in the Army so I guess I should say they are so so! lol
    be careful trusting the recruitor, they will tell you ANYTHING!!! how long til he goes in? can you guys get on a local base and talk to the family support center, not sure what the army calls this section.
    my husband served 20yrs and retired. we are now set for life. we have full medical for less then $500 a year no matter how many people in our family. We get his retirement a little less then $20,000 a year. It is an awsome idea to put in 20yrs and when he gets out he can start a second job with the skills he learned while serving. just something to think about. sorry if i'm preaching. i just wish more young people would see the benefits of the military. more questions just ask!
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 2:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband is in the Army. Have him ask his recruiter about coming in as a Warrant Officer. My hubby came in as Enlisted (11 years ago) now he's a Warrant Officer (has been for 4 years)...more money and he gets to fly helicopters. Your hubby doesn't have to be a Pilot they have different MOS's.  Nvedwards pretty much answered everything.

xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009