Is it possible?

I just had my son October 11th and (sorry if TMI) bled for 6 weeks after having him [till about Novemeber 22nd] and I haven't had my regular period yet .. could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah you do not have to get a period to get pregnant since you ovulate BEFORE you bleed. you can be pregnant if you had sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• if you had sex then there is always the possibility...do you want to be prego??
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I guess that depends....if you're not using b/c or protected sex, then yes...it's possible. But after giving birth, it can take many months for your body to regulate and get back to "normal". I've heard some women can have a span of 9 mths of not getting a period after giving birth (and no, they weren't breastfeeding).

It took my body 3 months with my first one and 1 month with my 2nd child. So it just varies. When in doubt, take a HPT or call your doc....but seeing how you recently had a baby, I would think your body is getting back to normal. HTH!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• if you are nursing, it could take a lot longer. there is always the possibility of being pregnant if you are having sex though.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you're nursing, it usually takes longer for you to get your period.

If you had sex (with or without birth control) it's possible to be pregnant. You ovulate before you bleed.

I have two kids conceived on two different types of correctly used birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2009