is any one here a wedding planer

i wonder how it work to become one and how u get paid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm not, but I've worked with them. You need to have great organizational and communication skills, lots of contacts within the bridal industry where you live, a good vehicle to get around, no other commitments on weekends because that's when you'll be working.

The ones I've worked with charge a commission that's a percentage of the total wedding budget.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am currently in training. Which I highly recommend! Wedding Planning is my altamate dream! The best training I can refer you too is www.qcweddingplanning.com Of all the schools I found they are by far the best!

How you get paid dependes on a number of things... And is entirely up to you. If you base your price on the cost of the wedding you won't get paid til it's over. If you cost a flat $1000 no matter what you could get paid up front or in payments... I personally prefer offering packages with different prices... Check online with some local planners to see what they cost and how they bill...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Do some research.  Look them up in your area, talk to them, ask them questions..  Look on Craig's List, under Resumes or gigs and see what other people are charging and what they are doing.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• no,but im looking into it! Id love to do something like that
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009