Depressed this Christmas.

I just want to cry. This Christmas is awful. My husband left on the 15th and won't be home until June. Santa already stopped by 2 weeks ago so my husband could be here and see our son open his presents. Tomorrow is not only Christmas but also my birthday. It was extremely short notice that my husband left (Found out about a week before he left). He isn't deployed, but he is in California (while i'm on the East Coast of NC) working with the other Marines that are getting ready to deploy which is the only good news is that he is not in combat at this time. Because of the short notice, my son and I are unable to be with any family this Christmas. It would've cost about $1000 for my son and I to travel anywhere. I am in no mood to cook or even acknowledge Christmas tomorrow. I already took down all the Christmas decorations. I think I'm going to just get some kind of good takeout for dinner but I don't know what good comfort food restaurants will be open. I don't know what to do and I hate being so upset about all of this. I wish my husband could travel home but he can't leave his base. Being a military spouse is not easy. This isn't our first Christmas apart. My husband has only been here for our son's birthday once. He won't be here for his birthday in March. We have never celebrated an anniversary together. All of you who get to enjoy your family this season, enjoy it, treasure it...because there are those of us out there who are dying to have that same holiday spirit with our families.

Asked by CassiRae3 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• Being a military spouse can be difficult but I try to remember that it's not only me I get to think about. I would try to make the day fun for your son.

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2011

• I agree, try to have some fun with your DS. You can maybe go to a movie tomorrow and then do the Christmas Story thing and get Chinese food. If the weather is cooperating then take him to a playground and let him get some energy out.

More importantly . . .  blowing candlesHappy Birthday!

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2011

• Thanks :o) The park is always in our daily plan so we'll definitely be I was going to save him a few presents to open tomorrow morning but I didn't want to confuse him when "Santa already came 2 weeks ago". I think we'll just do some fun things here and maybe make a fun craft for Daddy. Thank you ladies for reminding me that I need to stop worrying about being sad, and making it a fun day for my little one.

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2011

• Argh, computer skipped a few words in that first sentence! Oops. *definintely be going there!*

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2011

• Make the best of it, husband will be proud.

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2011

• Just try to bring your attitude up and be jolly for your son tomorrow good luck and hugs hunny! =)

Answer by KColeman90 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry to hear this, mamma. I'm sending you a huge HUG and lots of prayers. Bless your heart!

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2011