Toilet issues with your man?

Ok earlier this morning I went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet no lets rephrase that almost fell in. So I tell my SO that please put the seat down after he is done. He was like why cant you look before you sit down? Of course I was waking up and didnt notice. Like Im supposed to look or something when I need to go now. How do you ladies handle it or do you get revenge?

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 2:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So I yell at my hubby, but just a thought, why should he have to do it? I mean why does he have to put the seat up and back down? Why isn't the norm for the seat to be always up and women should have to remember to lift it back up? lol, just a thought. I guess because a guy looks before he pees because he's facing it and we back up to sit down. lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Sometimesit upsets me, but I don't bother argueing over dumb things like that. Relationships are hard enough with out adding nonsence to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My DH was trained well. He puts the seat back down about 9 times out of 10 so I don't ever have to say anything. I love it! And I never ever have to fall in!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• what makes your needs more important than his? why don't YOU put the seat UP when you're done? it's the same concept, this type of thinking is selfish and unreasonable.

that said, my husband was brought up to put the seat down so I just leave it down. he's never requested that I do otherwise.

wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 3:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You know I just thought of that. Thanks well its kinda hard to leave it up everytime. But now I see your points.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 3:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• why do they have to lift it? maybe they should learn to aim better lol
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 3:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The toilet in my house MUST ALWAYS BE SHUT!!! I have trained dh and EVERYONE well. Every time the toilet is flushed all the germs inside spray over 6ft . . yes ladies . . . all over everything, our toothbrushes, our bath towels , . nope . . not in my house . . anyone and everyone catches hell if I walk in and the toilet lid is open!!

I know I said I was going to bed, but we watched a movie and now my dd is awake!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband is an absolute PRINCE! I've never had toilet issues with my hubby! He's an awesome gentleman!
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 4:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well, my DH was toilet trained before I married him, luckily, so I never had to go through this with him... But my little brother was a different story, you just have to get it through their head.. that you will literally kill them in their sleep if you fall in the toilet again! :P
    xxPaulaxx

Answer by xxPaulaxx at 4:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• HI!! here's what we do.... ALWAYS put seat/ liddown when you are done. what's the point in a LID if you don't use it??? I lift the lid, he lifts the lid and seat..... we all have to lift something, and put something back down when it's done, and it is pretty nasty to leave the toilet seat/ lid up just to watch it all swirl down...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2009