Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help dh has bleeding hemorrhoid?[not a joke]

DH has hemorrhoid that has been bleeding just a little all day,I say he should go to the er and have it check he won't because he's a emt so the people at the er he see all the time{he does not want to be laugh at}.it very painful for him to sit,sh*t,or to walk.he has use creams,wipes notthing helps.anyone know something else to try?I told him to grow up call off today because it's bleeding and hurts that bad [and he's walking funny] and go to the doctor.what would you ladys do if this was ur dh?thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

Answers (14)
  • I would tease him! JK

    Does he have a regular family doctor that he might not work with professionally? There's usually nothing you can do but give them time to heal. I would have him take stool softeners and keep products designed to help that problem. I've heard that the tuck's pad that they give you in the hosp. after having a baby work way better than anything else.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I had a problem like that but mine turned into a blood clot that had to be cut. It was a constant reoccurring prob bringing me to unbearable pain. I made an appointment with a proctologist and it turned out I had a hemorroid. the size of his thumb just inside and that was causing some bleeding and stiffeling pain. He did surgery and I never had anymore probs. Have him see a proper doctor that handles that kind of thing... it will grow worse by the day. Until then, I would use tucks and anusol in combonation with some very warm baths to help shrink it. Good luck- it's no fun. : (

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • *stool softners- don't do that... that can make it worse... being to firm or to soft can actually make it worse. He needs to eat LOTs of fiber and maybe even get some fiber supplements from the pharmacy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I did tease him about it 3days ago when he asked me what a hemorrhoid was and what it felt like then he said he had i feel bad for him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • Me again- I answered that last 2- if he could get that anusol on there and try to push it back up inside... that would bring some relief... you see, it's being pinched right now because it's outside instead of inside which is causing the pain. It will be painful to do but that's what needs to happen until he see's a proper doctor.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • It's definatley not funny- it's a horrible pain- worst I've ever had so- don't laugh

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I would think his co-workers, if he saw them, would be much more sympathetic than he thinks.

    He needs to get it checked.

    Answer by Wimsey at 4:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I've had hemorrhoids for three years now, it's pretty terrible. I know I should see a doc, but it seems like such an embarrassing situation, so I don't blame your hubby for not wanting to go in. I would tell him to go into a specialist. Hypocritical of my huh? : ) I'm TTC so I figure once I finally get pregnant, I'll just ask my OB about it, since she'll already be down in that general area. : )

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I have 4 hemorroids also all around my butthole:( it looks like shit thats just stuck there lol, like 3 of my doctors have seen them, it is embarrassing but oh well i'm sure theyve seen worse. Theres a place that you can google that all they do is take off hemorroids, its kinda weird but there method is with a rubber band, a specail one ofcourse. They say they leave it on you for a week or two until they finally fall off by themself's. I would like getting that done but havent had the chance and who knows how expensive it can be, but i'm sure its worth it! maybe you can look that up. They do get in the way of doggy style though lol.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • Make him an appointment with a proctologist. The ER isn't the answer, since it isn't an emergency...but it *does* need to be addressed, and sooner rather than later. In the meantime, get some witch hazel pads, which will soothe the area, and ease the pain. Also Nupercainal is very good for relieving the swelling and the pain. When you make the appointment, let them know that the hemorrhoids are bleeding, and causing a lot of discomfort- they should get you in relatively quick. The other alternative would be to see your family doctor.

    Answer by jespeach at 6:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
A weight problem????

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Toilet issues with your man?