moms who cant stop complaining!

do you know anyone with kids who spends more time complaining about their kids then raising them yet they continue to have more i know being mom is hard work but if you cant handle it dont have anymore

Have3Girls114

Asked by Have3Girls114 at 4:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I totally agree with you! I have a friend that has 4 kids and she's always leaving them with a sitter just to go to the store and she gets a sitter every weekend so she can go out. She doesn't do anything but yet she complains how much she needs a break. Her hubby cooks, cleans and puts the kiddos to bed. I don't know how much more of a break she needs.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 4:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No - and I'm glad I don't.

All of my friends "complain" about their children but if I met someone like you're describing, I could not hold my tongue and they would not be around for long.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My step-mother spent the hole time her kids were growing up complaining about how she needed a break- this woman chose to work nights and sleep days even when the kids were out of school for summer and they had to keep quiet so she could sleep! WTF?! When she first moved in she tried to pawn them off on me saying she was too young when she had them and she doesn't have to put them first because she never had 'her own time'! Oh but I at 17 should take care of your kids?I don't think so! She said all of this shit in front of them and constantly told them if they didn't listen she would send them to foster care and now wonders why none of her kids like her!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have one friend that I think needs breaks all the time and spends more time away from her son than with him...and the opposite kind of bothers me...she doesn't complain, she gloats about how great her son is and I think "How would you know, you're never with him!!". The rest of my friends and I of course reach our limit sometimes, but for the most part we all love being mothers and it shows.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, I don't. Most of us (my friends) are very devoted mothers. My bff has 4 kids too so we can't go anywhere together. I am one of those moms that knows that this is my place and NO ONE can take it. My husband and I see that we are to raise our kids first and all the rest comes last. I can understand someone feeling too young, but thats when you suck it up and press past the feelings. Thats all they are....feelings, not facts. Kids are a blessing from God and we should delight in their raising. The ones that arent, really don't see the importance of it. My mother was absent a lot of my adolesence and though she doesnt remember all the details, I surely do. Its part of what made me who I am, good, bad or otherwise. Parents have GOT to take this seriously.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Some people are just complainers.....no matter what is going on in their life they complain, complain complain. When these people have kids.....they complain about that. I actually have a friend who has no kids and complains about getting dressed in the morning! complains about getting her hair done, complains about the guy who plows her driveway, complains about her job, etc. etc. etc. I am amazed.....she calls me and talks for the first couple of minutes about how overwhelmed she is basically doing nothing more than living her life.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I knew one - she always complained about her kids IN FRONT OF THEM! I never heard her make comments about being happy, unless it was immediately followed by a "but..." complaint. To make a very long and sad story short, CPS removed both kids from her (not for complaining, but for what it was symptomatic of) and now they both live with their respective fathers. She never learned to love them for who they were or to put their needs first. Sometimes, those complainers need more help than we can give...
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's on a par with my friends who can't understand why I seldom complain about my husband ... I don't complain about my husband or my children because I absolutely treasure both of them. Sure I'm not 100% happy about them all of the time, but usually when they're irritating me most, the problem is with me and not them.
    Anonymous