we have to fly on the plane with our baby and she will be six weeks old .has anyone flew with their baby and how did it go

flying with a six weeks old baby and what should I do

selmcb481

Asked by selmcb481 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Travel

• Yes I flew with my baby when she was 8 months. it was 3 hrs. but I changed flights 2x and that was not fun rushing around in airport carring my heavy girl. Wether you BF or bottle feed try to feed baby or give a pacifier during take off and landing this helps with ears popping they won't and baby won't be fussy. Good Luck!
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• LOL, My daughter has more Perks Miles than I do!! and shes 18 months! My daughters been flying since she was 3 months old and I have never had a problem with her. As soon as I sat on the plane I gave her a bottle and she fell right asleep. I also have a super light blanket I throw over her so it is dark. Give her as passy so her ears wont pop and cover her ears when you know they are going to make an announcement over the ridiculously loud intercom and she should be fine!
    Good luck :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• PS.. not sure if shes old enough yet, but those baby backpacks/Over the shoulder wraps are wonderful! :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I haven't flown with my baby since my oldest was 7 months. It went pretty good. We were allowed to hold him the whole flight and didn't have anyone verbally insult us for his fussing. The worst part about it was that he had caught some sort of bug so the whole flight consisted of changing diapers and then the whole vacation in Florida was the same thing.
    Anonymous

• i thought they don't allow liquids on the plan?
    Anonymous

• You can have formula in bottles, you just have to take them out of the bag and claim them. I went to 1 airport and they had me open the bottle and test the milk with a strip of paper. If its not form., it has to be under 2(?) ounces and in a plastic baggie.
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Mothers flying with, and now without, their child will be permitted to bring breast milk in quantities greater than three ounces as long as it is declared for inspection at the security checkpoint.

Breast milk is in the same category as liquid medications.

When carrying formula, breast milk, or juice through the checkpoint, they will be inspected, however, you or your infant or toddler will not be asked to test or taste breast milk, formula, or juice. Our Security Officers may test liquid exemptions (exempt items more than 3 ounces) for explosives.
    Anonymous

• That is straight from the FAA website.
    Anonymous

• We flew with a 2 year old and my son was 8 weeks old. We took his infant carrier all the way to the gate. We had to take him out of it and put it through the x-ray scanner, that's all. They checked it as we boarded the plane, then had it waiting for us when we got off. Everything went just fine, he pretty much slept the whole time.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Oh yeah! We have flown with our oldest daughter at almost 7 days! It went well, just give the baby a bottle or pacifier to suck on.
    alishak

Answer by alishak at 5:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2008