Do you have acne scars?

I had really bad cystic acne growing up and as a result I have permanent scaring on my face. I hate it! Everyone I know says it isn't noticeable - but I notice it - and don't buy that others don't!
Are there any good products out there that might fill in the scars or cover them up that doesn't end up looking like funeral home make-up????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i had cyctic as a teen too. took accutain to get rid of it then my derma gave me RetninA to burn the scars off, worked fine, you can use that but have to get it prescribed, a reg doc can prescribe it, but if you are over 30 most insurance gives you greif and the doc has to write "for medical purposes" because it works well on wrinkles. when my mom saw i got it (as a teen - i mean the retininA) she asked for me to get a larger tube so that she could use it on her undereyes too...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have bad scarring on my face also and everyone tells me it isn't noticeable. My 3 yr old even asks if I have boo-boos on my face. I tried EVERYTHING growing up to get rid of the acne bc I knew it would turn into scars.
    Anonymous

• Retina A works for raised scars, but I don't think it works for pitted scars. Mine aren't HORRIBLE, but they're noticeable and bother me a lot.
    Anonymous