I think My daughter just had a night terror but I am not Sure I need help and comfort

My daughter just woke up screaming and very aggitated when I tried to get close to her but her screaming got louder and she was kicking and when she sat up she was trying to throw her pillows at me. This is totally not how my little girl is. I am very confused and scared and sad. She has never acted this way or done this before! She is usually bubbly and adventerous and loving Any advice or anything would be great
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont worry you are still her favorite mommy! Sounds like a night terror, she may even have been still asleep when she freaked out. Sometimes when woken up from a night terror kids may appear awake but are still in the bad dream. Dont beat yourself up or worry about her, just reassure her and know that you are still a great mom.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My son had night terrors when he was 2-3 yrs old and I'd go in and he was still asleep most of the time and totally freaked out. He never remembered them in the morn.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2009