Blood clot???

Anyone know what a blood clot in the leg looks/feels like? I have swelling behind by knee but no pain. Should I be worried? I have a dr appointment Tuesday morning so I'm going to ask about it then but wanted to see if anyone knew anything in the meantime. Did anyone else have this? I'm 24 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They thought I did, but did an ultrasound of my leg and turned out everythin was fine. Bring it up with your Dr. Tuesday and hopefully everythings fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Blood clots become painful over time. Swelling, tenderness, warmth and some numbness are all early symptoms of a blood clot. Within a few days it can progress to painful movement or being unable to move because of the pain. It is unusual to have a first blood clot behind the knee but it's not unheard of. Traveling clots can break up and cause all kind of trouble.

I had DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which is a blood clot in the calf . I had a c-section and was placed on birth control afterwords, which I believe caused the whole mess in the first place.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2009