My five year old son is crying from tummy pain ? what can i do?please help

Megs444

Asked by Megs444 at 6:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If it's really bad, I would take him to the doctor.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 6:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i say take him to doc anyways, better safe than sorry, son had apendix out in october, he thought it was something he ate, all my best to you and your son, mona
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 6:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• call your doctor
    but you can ask him to stay on the couch and massage his belly,,, he will either puke or poop and feel better right away.

or he got a stomach bug :(
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 7:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes, call your Dr, if it's extremley troublesome. When is the last time he had a bowel movement? Kids tend to get constipated, then lots of gas forms and causes pain. You can try putting on a warm pack or heating pad, massaging his belly, give him a bit of gingerale (help with the gas), or he just might have a tummy bug. Hope he feels better soon....
    two_girls

Answer by two_girls at 7:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My 5 year old complained and cried off belly pain in October. I though it was a stomache virus. She ended up having to have her appendix removed. Please bring him to MD to be safe.
    burgermomof3

Answer by burgermomof3 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If it is appendix they say don't put heat on it, so until you find out for sure it isn't I don't think I'd use heat. Have the doctor figure it out, then you won't have to worry.

Answer by Bmat at 1:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009