For the pagans...

Do you have a favorite ritual that you do with your children? Is their a favorite spell you use?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 6:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to be pagan... during that time I helped my son make a BoS with the Wheel of the Year, some stories we made up (and some from online), colors and their meanings, and a few spells that we created.
    One of the most useful spells was a 'protection powder' that used cornstarch for a base, and crushed mint leaves. We made a little incantation for him to speak while making it, and then he would sprinkle it around his bed at night to keep him safe.
    I hope you don't mind my response.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 12:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Whats the definition of a pagan please?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Pagan is a broad term that can mean a number of religions that fall under the same set of beliefs. An example would be witches, druids, wiccans, shamans etc would all be considered pagan. Generally pagans have a polytheistic pantheon (many gods and or goddesses), practice some form of magick or spellwork, and generally hold nature to be sacred.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Good answer for that anons question, Nightowl.
    I haven't had one that is a favorite of mine that I do with my kids. They participated in Yule rituals, Samhian, Imbolic and good ole Beltane. We would do the maypole celebration which is fun for kids. Just anything light and fun usually works for little ones.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We like to decorate ostara eggs with runes or amulet charms and then we smash them to release the spell.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• This will actually be the first year the I am involving them in celebrations...
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• So sad, so sad,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you do not agree with our choice in religion then why read the post? It very clearly states who the question is directed at.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh anon you are sad!!! Grow up!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Cowardly isn't it?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009