Does drooling equal teeth or it's a myth?

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends, I'd say it's a 50/50 chance. My DD has been a heavy drooler since 2 months, even the Ped. commented that we had an early teether. She's 9 months now, still no teeth.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My little one started drooling a lot when she was about 4 months olds, and now she is 8 months, no drooling and still no teeth.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Infants do not have the ability to swallow their saliva efficiently. While children may drool while teething it does not mean that your child is teething. The muscles and their swallowing ability may just not be able to efficiently swallow the amount of saliva that they are producing. Don't worrry. Like all other muscles this too will strengthen and they will stop drooling so much :)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2009