• In the Spotlight:

yeast infection during pregnancy??

im 37 weeks and i think i might have gotten a yeast inffection.. this is very unwanted news because i had already gotten treatment for it earlier in my pregnancy and i thought it went away.. i noticed some itching and a little of burning sensation durin x-mas but after like two days it went away... so i didnt call the doctor and decided to wait until an appt to talk about it...
at my last doc visit i got a vaginal exam and after i got home i started to get some of the yeast infection symptoms.. so could the gel they used have caused me to get infected?
i was also wonderin if i should call my doc in the morning or just wait 4 more days when i already have an appt??? wat would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to hear that! With my second pregnancy I had several yeast infections, creams etc, didn't work, until I finally was given an oral medication (diflucan, I think), which took care of it once and for all. I think it just never gets totally cleared up, so it keeps coming back. Your hormones fluctuating can cause it to happen too. I'd call your Dr. and explain that it keeps coming back, maybe they will give you something orally that will clear it up once and for all, your uncomfortable enough without putting up with this too! Good luck!
    two_girls

Answer by two_girls at 7:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i had a yeast infection almost my whole pregnancy with my second one it was terrible i would call the doc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• yes i think you should ask your doctor now. the earlier you get treatment, the better.

you also might want to talk to your OB about the birth itself. if you plan on giving normal birth - will the infection harm your baby?

i had an infection when i was pregnant and had to get c-section because there was the risk of effecting my baby through normal birth.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• m.robertson811...if u dont mind me askin wat kind of inffection did u have?
    Anonymous