Teething & Nightwaking

My dd is teething, one bottom tooth has broke the surface and I am sure the other is not far behind. She is up the majority of the night and has a lot of trouble getting back to sleep. I believe this is because of teething. Does it pass when both teeth have broke the surface or when they are fully out? I need a light at the end of the tunnel - thanks!

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I cant be of much assistance because my 8 month old has been teething since she was 3 months and nothing yet! But i know when we have these kind of nights i let her cry for a little, then we go up and rock her for a few mins, then let her cry for a little , then rock. and if after an hour we are still fighting it, I bring her down stairs with us let her stay up for a little til she is really cranky again, give her some teething tablets a dose of motrin (if you havent already) another bottle and try again. Normally the second time she will fuss only for a few mins and out she is!!!! but if you havent tried the teething tablets they are life savers. Give her 2-4 teething tablets and a dose of motrin or tyenol and it normally calms them down. Every mother I have ever talked to who gives their child them swears by them! Good luck. I am hoping my daughter soon breaks one!!! So they dont all come at once!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• IF MY LIL ONE FUSSES AND KEEPS FUSSING AT NIGHT I WAKE HER UP AND GO OUT AND LET HER PLAY FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THEN SHELL GO RIGHT BACK TO SLEEP AFTER SHE EATS
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2009