Curly Haired Mommas!

What do you use on your curls to keep them soft and healthy looking? I am on the market for a new product for my curly hair. Also, what brand of shampoo and conditioner do you use? How often do you wash, and how do you keep your curls looking nice in between?

~I wash my hair, usually, every other day. If the curls are just way out of control, I'll wash it in between. Frizz is also an issue for me, so if you have any tips there, I am listening! I am looking for affordable products, not expensive salon stuff.

Thanks :)

carolina.mommy

Asked by carolina.mommy at 7:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use sunsilk's waves of envy, it keeps the curl soft, I love it, I can't stand the stuff that makes the curls all hard, yuck. It's a gel and cream twist.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Dove shampoo/conditioner. Sunsilk defrizz. Dove curl defining mousse. aussie Sprunch spray. I wash every third day. In between washings, in the mornings, I smooth a little defrizz in my hair and mist a little with water, shaping the curls back with my fingers. I only comb my hair right out of the shower. If you comb in between the curls will frizz out. Hope it helps :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Some of my curls want to frizz so I just take a curling iron to them to fix them.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I use Redken's Smooth Down Line. I shampoo every other day and I use Smooth Down Heat Treat before and sometimes after drying to seal in shine.

If you want to leave your curls natural: use a softer cream product like Redken's Ringlet. Apply before drying (hooded dryer is the best) then reapply anywhere that may have been over worked.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 3:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009