contact lenses

I have never worn contcts & I wanted to know if it is the same perscription/ eye exam as the glasses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• I wear contacts and I had to be fitted for them. They have to measure the shape of your eye and will usually send you home with a "trial" pair to see how they feel. Also, I remember there was an extra charge for being fitted for contacts.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Same prescription, yes. Same exam, no.

And the contact lens exam tends to be a bit more expensive than the traditional eye exam b/c they have to measure the shape of your eyes (like pp said).
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Nope its a separate exam.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's not the same prescription. It's usually weaker than your glasses. If you think about it, contacts are on top of your eyes, while glasses are farther away, so the rpesription is a little different.(at least that's what my doc told me)
    AND, as the PP said, you have to get fitted for contacts.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• you can have the same "prescription" of vision but the order for your glasses is different vs your contacts, because they are worn on the eye measurements are taken of your pupil and eye itself so the lens fits properly and delivers the correction properly. Vision with lenses is better, why? because glasses or worn in the air off your face, contacts are directly on the eye. For crispest vision contacts are the best correction. Unless you want to look into if your a candidate for lazer surgery but that's a whole nother thing.

Anonymous