when in your opinion is economy going to restore? will there be huge sales in store/online?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• The economy will only restore when americans feel confident to buy. That means secure jobs, savings, job creation, tax breaks for small businesses (friend owns a business 40% of her sales will be going to taxes, kinda screwed since small businesses are the companies that create the most jobs), when the govt stops spending, when we are out of debt or showing signs of being out of debt because the dollar will rise in worth and when people stop looking for the govt to fix their problems and do for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I thought we were making progress when gas prices started to come down, but then it seemed like grocery prices went up, so right now I think if its not one thing we need it is another. I think we will recover but I think it will be a while. I think people are now more aware of debt and savings more than ever and making better choices, but it will take a while for the economy to turn around! But I am hopeful!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think that our economy will improve but that its going to take a while, and alot of work at the government level. With all the businesses that are closing their doors, I think things may get worse before they get better. More people out of work means less spending, which means less money being put into the economy. I think we have to do something to create job security before Americans will feel comfortable spending their hard-earned money.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thankfully we have great job security by working for the government (DH is Army). Our biggest factor is that we can't get approved for a loan to buy a car or house, so we can't really impact the economy in a huge way. I thiink this recession is a good thing.

We need to stop living selfishly and being greedy. A $150-$300 Coach purse just isn't neccessary. Get a $20 one from Walmart. That's the kinda stuff that needs to stop. Problem is, the upper class above the recession won't reduce their spending. And they won't spend in the places that we as a middle class would benefit from....like Walmart or stores in the mall. The places that we all tend to go to.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 4:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• livn4hevn:
    I consider my family as middle class, on the same note I would not buy purse from Walmart, I just wouldn't ....

Should't there be extreme sales in coach and other brands ?
    Anonymous