Does anyone here own a vending machine business?

My husband and I are getting ready to start our own vending machine business. We get our business license in Feburary. I was just wondering if there are other moms here that participate in this. If so, lets chat together!

CindyJ1982

Asked by CindyJ1982 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have 1 vending machine. Not a business. I don't make much, just enough to call it profit. I only have about 25 people at the factory where it sits though.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thats cool..We are getting over 100 machines to start off then getting more later on eventualy..Are you considering buying more machines and makign it a business or just heppy with what ya got going?
    CindyJ1982

Answer by CindyJ1982 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I know a vending business can be lucrative, but it is like real estate ...location, location, location. I currently work for a business that owns nightclubs and for the longest we always had someone else bring a machine and we just took a portion of the profit. Just recently we changed that and purchased our own. We now gross about $800 bucks weekly.

Nightclubs are a good place to have them. If they're 18+ clubs you can also include cigarettes. People drinking often buy the snacks since most places do not serve food.

Good luck =)

xoxo
    WishUponAStar1

Answer by WishUponAStar1 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I agree wishuponastar..We have many excelent locations to put these so that is no worry LoL
    CindyJ1982

Answer by CindyJ1982 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I used to rent a room from a couple that had a vending machine business. I don't know why they did it, she was a nurse and made a very good living, but anyway I have memories of these things in their living room when they ran out of places to store them. Watching TV in the evening was interesting.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009