When did you take your child off the bottle?

My daughter is 8 months and is already on a sippy cup all through the day and only a bottle right before bed. She made the trasition really easy. Now i am just wondering when i should start just giving her cereal at night instead of a bottle. So I guess I am just wondering when you took your baby off? She already sleeps all through the night so I dont want to confuse her by thinking its just a meal. Every night she gets a bath @ 8/9 then its pjs on a bottle and in bed she goes. Do you think feeding her a bowl of cereal will confuse her? Thanks for the help shes my first!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 8:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you want to give her cereal at night that is fine but what i would do is since she is on the cup and doing well give her a little of her formula or milk or whatever in the sippy before bed time and try to get away from that bottle. sounds like you are doing a fine job my daughter is fourteen months old and i just got rid of the night time bottle like a week ago. so you are doing fine.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We got rid of ALL bottles at 6 months when they started using a sippy cup. Once they could use a sippy, anything they drank went into the cup...even the "before bed" bottle.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009