Body acne

My dd Kerry (she's 13) has developed acne type bumps on her back and chest.. What is the best stuff to use ?? I haven't bought any new soaps and she hasn't tried any new kinds of foods.. What is the best stuff to use to help this ??

kerrysmom

Asked by kerrysmom at 8:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Neutrogena Body Wash...also see if she's washing her body last, like after she already rinses the conditioner out of her hair...if the some of the conditioner that's being rinsed out of her hair gets left on her body that could be contributing to the break out. Make sure she's using a bath puff as opposed to a wash rag. And after she washes with the body wash, have her do a quick "cool rinse"....the water doesn't have to be super cold, but cool enough not to be considerd hot or warm...lol....it's supposed to help the pours and skin to be healthier.
    usmcmom29

Answer by usmcmom29 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oxy makes a body wash that my son uses when it gets bad.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If she's 13 then i'd probably just part of puberty. Thats about the time i got the same thing. You could try something from origins . . . they have really great products. Thats what i used. It helped and it's priced fair considering it lasts a long time.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Our pediatrician also recommended when in the shower and using conditioner... to rinse it from her hair before she washes her body with soap. Sometimes, conditioner can irritate the skin.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• shower with lever 2000 and a clean wash cloth everyday, i had that start about that age, still have it at 28 if i dont scrub myself with strong soap even in the dry winter... try that.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• She may not be eating new foods, but during puberty & hormonal changes, her body may be metablolizing differently. I developed body acne around that age. I figured out it was from eating potatoes.
    Jordan Essentials Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey soap is great fro healing acne without drying out skin.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009