is their anything toget rid of this cold while pregnant? =(

i have a runny nose and every morning phlem to deal with and coughing =(
is their anything to soothe my throat??
since i cant breathe from my nose i open my mouth at night to breathe from my mouth,sometimes i dont have my face under the blankets and i breathe in cold air and it hurts my throat every morning!
33 weeks pregnant.
do i just have to deal with being sick until its over or can i take something to soothe my throat a little

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When i had a cold i'd take Tylenol allergy and cold or benadryl. You can take chloraseptic lozenges and use chloraseptic spray for your throat. Hope it gets better.

kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My OB said i could take anything made by tylenol. I guess they are the only company researching thier products for use on pregnant women. he even told me i could take tylenol pm, but not to abuse it. But I am very healthy, so it may be different for you, allthough he gave me a list won my first appt with everything on it that I could take, so I assume he gave it to everyone who was a patient, untill he found out something about that could have an adverse effect.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Nothing works. I remember when I was pregnant I was miserable. My dr wouldn't even see me. I was sick for over a month and a half. Finally I went to the ER. He gave me something and about a week later it was gone :) I don't remember what it was but that worked.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My OB always said I would take any tylenol product and sudafed. Just give your dr office a call and they will tell you what you can take.

Answer by gemgem at 8:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2009